Soft, tender mutton cooked with an exquisite array of spices makes the popular Rajathani Laal Maas every foodie’s dream come true on a plate.
- 1kg Mutton Leg (Raan)
- 1kg Onions (chopped)
- 400g Tomato (chopped/paste)
- 200g Ginger Paste
- 200g Garlic Paste
- 200g Curd
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 5 Cloves
- 3-4 Bay Leaves
- 4 Cardamom Black
- 10-15 Black Peppers (crushed)
- 200g Cooking Oil
- Salt to Taste
Remove Laal Maas from the fire and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and fried onions before serving.
- In a pan, put cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
- Keep aside some brown fried onions for use in garnishing.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste, cook for 15 min.
- Add cut portions of mutton and let it cook for 30 min.
- Now add bay leaves, black pepper, red chili powder, cardamom black, turmeric powder and curd, and then add salt to taste.
- Cook until the spices are well-cooked and mixed.
- Add tomato paste and leave for35-40 min for simmering.